Thoughts & Goals for the Support Groups
Oh the Thinks You Can Think by Dr. Seuss, a creative window into:
- Thoughts, dreams & goals
- Difference between dreams & goals?
Sundae2 “Dream on! What is your cherry on top?”
- What do you think about the support groups?
- What are your dreams for them?
- In general, do you think there are goals (or key areas of focus) for the support groups? If yes, what are they?
What is Program Evaluation?
The process of measuring important program results. Evaluation is:
Metaphors and examples of evaluation from: Oh the Thinks You Can Think by Dr. Seuss.
- To highlight a great job done
- To improve, excel & grow
How Do We Evaluate?
By using methods such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations and review of records.
Who is Involved?
- You and other support group facilitators
- Support group members
Discussion: Do you have any questions or concerns about evaluation?
Acknowledgements: Dr. Michael Quinn Patton for sharing the idea of using Dr. Seuss stories to begin evaluation-related conversations.